background

3/9/11

Sometimes my children drive me crazy! This morning I got nothing but arguments. So, I gave up and made them get ready for school on their own. Yes... I was sulking a bit. I just get tired of being so dreadfully underappreciated!!! No, but really, I just want them to listen and obey! Without having to spell things out for them every single time!
Ok, ok... I sound like every other parent in the world. This makes me think, tho! What is my Heavenly Father thinking every time that I'm stubborn and rebellious? "Why won't she just listen and obey? Things would be so much easier in the long run!"
Yes, I've learned from my children...yet again...how to be a better child! Why do I have to have things spelled out for me over and over? Yet my Heavenly Father waits patiently for me to ask, and then He does spell it out for me...again! And He loves me all the same, because I'm still learning to become like Him.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

i've never thought of it that way. i love that perspective, mel.

Sally said...

I love this post. It is so true!

Natasha said...

Wow I have never thought about that. I should though because my kid fights me like crazy too. Thanks for the thought.

thenairpair said...

I don't have children of my own, but I am a caregiver for many children and I have been recently learning this lesson too! I get so frustrated with what the children do, but then I realize I am being a hypocrite. God is SO loving with us!! P.S. Your children are getting so big! Love the pictures!