background

8/15/09

First Grade!

Taylor has finished his first week of FIRST GRADE!!! We are so proud and excited for him! He got an awesome new Transformers lunch box, along with a Crayon sandwich box and thermos. He has decided that he wants the same lunch every day for school...we'll see how long that lasts! Anyway, Tay is so pumped for school! He was a little nervous at first, but after we went to meet his teacher the day before his first day, and he saw that she was his old primary teacher and that they have a cool classroom (with gerbils!), he got super excited. He kept saying: "When is it going to be nighttime? I want to go to bed so I can go to school!" He has even stayed excited all week! He tells us each afternoon the new friends he made that day. Hurray!

Congrats buddy; what a big boy!



first day--COOL DUDE









7 comments:

JS said...

wow! First grade. That is a big deal.. all day... eat in the cafeteria! Big stuff!

hey, it was SOO nice to meet you and to see one of my fav cousins again!

Send me your email... I have lots of pictures for you. :)

MathisFam said...

It's crazy how fast kids grow huh? Carson gets to go to kindergarten this year. It will be very nice to have a few hours alone with Austin everyday! I will send you an invite to our blog if you send me an e-mail. My address is shcmathis@yahoo.com.

Emily said...

Great job pal! He is so cute, I'll bet he'll have a great year!
Love Emily

The Dunn's said...

Oh my, he has grown soo much.What a hansome little devil he is.Hope you guys are doing great!

Jared and Vanessa said...

awh!!! I remeber when he was just a little guy in Ephraim ( I stll have the pictures) they sure do grow fast. How are you guys doing?? I love catching up on your blog!!

Sally said...

He's been in school a week already?? How cute that he loves it already. And it would be great if he continues to want the same lunch every day....much easier for you!

To echo Jen, it was great to meet you in person finally at the reunion. Thanks for coming down and bringing your cute family!

CJ Armstrong said...

Yeah for Taylor! I am so exctied for him. I am happy to hear all is well.